Programs can get damaged or corrupted on Windows 10 but it doesn’t mean it cannot be repaired easily. On windows 10, there are four different methods and some third-party programs that will help you achieve this.
Windows 10 is a powerful tool that comes with great features, and some of these features are there to help you fix programs.
Programs can sometimes develop a serious complex issue that is difficult to fix. You probably have tried your best in trying to fix the problem but the result still turns out not good.
As a windows user, fixing a program isn’t a problem because windows 10 is already equipped with a repair tool.
Windows 10 program repair tool gives you an option to also reset your program without losing your documents if the repair didn’t work.
Note – Not every program has the repair option in windows 10. Some of these programs simply just have to be repaired manually by uninstalling and reinstalling.
With the methods I provided below, methods 1 and 2 are particularly for programs that have the repair option while methods 3 and 4 are particularly for programs that don’t have any repair option.
Let’s get right into it.
Methods to Repair Programs in Windows 10
There are four ways to repair a program on a windows computer.
- Windows settings
- Control panel
- Update the program
- Uninstall and reinstall the program
Follow the instructions correctly
1. Windows Settings
Here’s how to repair programs through windows settings.
1. Press the following command to open windows settings:
Windows key + I
2. Click on Apps.
3. Inside apps & features, find and select the program you want to repair.
4. Click on advanced options.
5. In the reset section, click on repair.
6. If the program isn’t still working right after clicking on repair, click on reset below repair to reinstall the program without affecting any of your documents.
Continue with the instructions to repair your program.
2. Control Panel
1. Search for control panel in windows search.
2. Click on control panel among the results.
3. Click on programs and features. Set view by to small icons .
4. Find and right-click on the program you want to repair.
5. Click on repair
Follow the instructions that comes next to completely repair your program.
3. Update the Program
Most programs malfunction when there’s a need for an update you are unaware about.
Some programs can be updated within the program it’s self while other programs might have to be downloaded from their given website.
If your program falls into any of this category, you should consider checking if there’s an update available for that program.
Once you find an update, you should backup your documents first and then update the program first before attempting to repair it.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Program
Not all programs will show you a repair option.
If you can’t find a repair option for your program, you should try the uninstall and reinstall method.
1. Backup your documents somewhere safe.
2. Completely uninstall the program.
3. Re-install the program.
4. Restore your backup
Keep Your Computer Secure and Error Free
Is your computer having issues or are you just trying to avoid future issues, start using Advanced SystemCare to keep your computer safe and error free.
I personally have been using this software for more than five (5) years and I can confidently tell you that every computer needs this software
It cleans and speeds up your computer automatically.
Here are some features of Advanced SystemCare
- Deep Optimization
- RAM Optimizer
- Unauthorized Access Protector & System Reinforcer
- Real-time Online Surfing Protector
- Registry Cleaner
- Internet Speed Booster
- Real-Time Protection & Browser Security
- Free PC Optimization
- System Security & Repair
|14 Months Subscription / 3 PCs||$29.99||Buy Now|
Solomon is a professional content writer. He loves writing and sharing articles about operating system, computers and gadgets.