The best experience is being able to hide the taskbar on windows 10 while watching a video or playing games. Surely you must want that full screen experience without anything popping up from anywhere.
If you keep reading this article, you will learn how you can automatically hide the taskbar and also what to do when your taskbar refuses to hide when playing games and full-screen mode.
If you use multiple monitors, there’s a simple way to show the taskbar on the main monitor and hide the taskbar the second monitor.
Hiding taskbar in windows 10 is very simple and i’ll show you how to do it in sec.
Before I jump into it, it’s a good idea to have an understanding of what a taskbar is on windows and how you can customize it to your own preference.
How To Hide Taskbar Automatically on Desktop and Laptop
This method will show you
1. Press the following command on your keyboard to open windows settings.
Windows key + I
2. Click on personalization.
3. By your left-hand side, select taskbar located at the bottom.
4. In the taskbar section, you will see two main options to to turn on:
- Turn on automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode if you are using windows 10 desktop mode.
- Turn on automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode if you are using windows 10 tablet mode.
Check out this guide to find out what windows 10 mode your computer is using.
How To Hide Taskbar on Tablet
1. Tap and hold on your taskbar and click on taskbar settings.
2. In the taskbar section, you should focus on two main options to to turn on:
- If your tablet is running on desktop mode, Turn on automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
- If your tablet is running on tablet mode, Turn on automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
Check out this guide to find out what windows 10 mode your tablet is using.
How to Preview the Taskbar
After you’ve hidden your taskbar, you might be wondering how you can view the taskbar anytime you need it.
Here’s how you can view it,
Drag your mouse arrow to the bottom of your screen to preview the taskbar if you are using a desktop or laptop.
If you are using a tablet, simply swipe up at the bottom of your screen to preview the taskbar.
How To Hide Taskbar On Second Monitor
Before you begin with this method, make sure your second monitor is connected and running.
Now, follow this step,
1. Right-click on your taskbar and click on taskbar settings
2. In the multiple display section, turn off show taskbar on all displays.
How to Hide Taskbar When Fullscreen Mode is Active
There are times when you are watching a video or using google chrome browser and you realize your taskbar isn’t hidden. Sometimes, the problem is because you haven’t hidden your taskbar in the first place.
If you are facing this problem, this is what you should do to fix it:
1. Maximize the Windows
All application on windows 10 has the maximize feature and here is how to use it,
1. Open the program that has issues with the taskbar.
2. Click on the square icon to maximize the window to full screen.
If you can still view the taskbar after doing this, then you should use the second method
2. Double tap on Windows Top Bar
1. Open the program.
2. Double-tap on the top bar of the program to force the program to maximize to complete full-screen mode.
How to Hide Taskbar on Windows 10 When Playing Games
I understand how annoying it can be when you are trying to enjoy your game in full screen and for some reason, your taskbar ruins the experience because it refuses to hide.
If you are facing this problem, here’s what you need to to do in game mode.
1. Change Your Games Video Settings to full screen
Make sure your game video settings is set to fullscreen and the highest resolution.
Obviously, I don’t know the game you are playing but i will guide you on how you can change it if you don’t know how.
Here’s what you should do,
1. Launch the game.
2. When you get to the game menu, head over to the options or settings.
3. Inside settings or option, select video or graphics
4. While in video or graphics, you should change your resolution to the highest resolution and set it to full screen.
If this method doesn’t work, then next method will.
2. Key Combination
follow the instructions correctly,
1. Launch your game.
2. While the game is opened, press the following command to switch to full screen
Alt + Enter
How to Hide Taskbar Without Activating Windows
Here’s the thing,
There’s no way you can hide your taskbar without activating windows.
I know that’s not the answer you want to see but, it’s just fact.
Windows has to be fully activated with a licence key before you will be able to customize your taskbar in any way.
There’s so much features that comes with an activated windows.
If you want to experience and use all these windows features, you should check out Minitool guide to activate windows 10 with command prompt.
To wrap this up,
Hiding taskbar on windows 10 is nothing complicated.
To deal with programs that show the taskbar while in full-screen mode, all you have to do is to maximize the program while you have already set your taskbar to auto-hide.
A program like Google chrome cannot hide the taskbar if you don’t set it to auto-hide, but all games are capable of hiding the taskbar.
Hi, I’m Solomon. I love computers & the Internet. Certified Computer Engineer with a bachelor’s in Economics. I am a fan of the Internet and I possess a wide range of digital and ICT skills that I freely share through this blog.
Bestsoltips main objective is to share and teach you about computer troubleshooting, tips, and solutions.