Information in this article will show you how you can copy and paste anything on a dell laptop. This information can be applied to windows 10, 8, and 7.
The copy and paste method are widely known and can be used on both computers and smart phones.
On your dell laptop, there are three major key combinations to have in mind when you want to cut, copy, and paste. They are:
- Copy: Ctrl+C
- Paste: Ctrl+V
- Cut: Ctrl+X
What is Copy and Paste?
Copy and paste are commands on your dell laptop user interface and are one method of transferring data from one location to another.
Copy and paste enable simple data replication.
This simply mean you can duplicate any file on your dell laptop without losing the original file
Anytime you copy anything, it is saved to your clipboard on your dell laptop.
Tip – If your dell laptop keyboard is giving you troubles, you should learn how to fix it with this guide.
What is Cut and Paste?
The cut and paste are commands on your dell laptop which moves files from one location to another.
Cut and paste enables you to move files easily
This simply means anytime you move a file, that file automatically leaves that location to the location you are pasting to.
Tip – learn how to unlock your locked dell laptop keyboard.
What is Clipboard?
A clipboard is a special location in your dell laptop memory that temporarily stores cut or copied files from a document.
Once you copy or cut any file, it is stored in the clipboard, which can then be pasted to a new location.
The clipboard keeps the information you copied or cut until you cut or copy something else, or log out of the computer.
Tip – Learn how to take a screenshot on your dell laptop.
What Can You Cut, Copy and Paste?
You can copy and paste literally almost anything on your dell computer.
here’s a list of common things you can copy and paste on your dell laptop
There are other things you can copy and paste on your computer but the list above or the important things you should be aware of.
Tools for Cutting, Copying and Pasting
There two tools you can use to copy on your dell laptop
- Keyboard Combinations
Tip – Learn how to fix dell trackpad or touchpad common problem.
How to Copy and Paste on Dell Laptop
You can either use you mouse/trackpad or keyboard combinations.
Let’s start with using your mouse/trackpad
- Highlight the text you want to copy buy left-clicking with your mouse or trackpad on that text and begin to drag your mouse to the end of the text you want to copy. The text will be highlighted in blue. If you want to copy an image, you simply make sure the arrow is directly on the image you want to copy
- Now right-click on that image or highlighted text
- Among the list of options, select copy (select save image as or copy image). That text will be saved to your clipboard.
- Now go to the location you want to paste the text or image and right-click on that location and select paste among the options.
Tip – Learn how to find your dell laptop service tag.
- Highlight the text you want to copy buy left-clicking with your mouse or trackpad on that text and begin to drag your mouse to the end of the text you want to copy. The text will be highlighted in blue. If you want to copy an image, you simply select that image by left-clicking once on that image
- Now press and hold Ctrl + C simultaneously to copy. Release your hand from the keys after holding for one second. That text or image will be saved to your clipboard.
- Now go to the location you want to paste the text or image and press Ctrl + V to paste.
Copy [Ctrl + C]
Cut [Ctrl + C]
Paste [Ctrl + V]
Tip – learn how to speed up your dell laptop.
How to Access Clipboard History
Anytime you copy or cut any text, it is saved in your clipboard history. Your clipboard history will show you everything you have copied from way back.
This feature enables you to find old copied content
Here’s how to access your keyboard history
Press and hold the windows logo key + V to show you your clipboard history
Tip – Learn more tips on how to use windows 10 on your dell laptop.
Hi, I’m Solomon. I love computers & the Internet. Certified Computer Engineer with a bachelor’s in Economics. I am a fan of the Internet and I possess a wide range of digital and ICT skills that I freely share through this blog.
Bestsoltips main objective is to share and teach you about computer troubleshooting, tips, and solutions.