This article will provide information on why GeForce Experience won’t open or launch on your Windows 10, 8, or 7 computer, and several ways also are provided to help you can fix it.
Personally, I can understand how frustrating it is when my GeForce Experience refuses to open.
This led me to come up with few methods that helped me resolved my problem.
Today, I will be sharing those methods with you.
Before I get started, you should have an idea of what GeForce Experience is.
What is GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is a third-party software from NVIDIA that helps computers using the NVIDIA graphics card to capture and share videos, screenshots, and live streams with friends.
The GeForce software also helps you to keep your drivers up to date and optimize your game settings for the best performance.
It helps you bring all your games in one place for easy access.
Can My Computer Run GeForce Experience?
Unfortunately, GeForce Experience isn’t for all computer.
There are requirements that has to be met before you can run GeForce Experience on your computer.
These requirements are:
As you can see from the image above, only NVIDIA GPU series are eligible to use GeForce experience.
So, if you are wondering why GeForce Experience won’t open or launch on your computer, this is one of the reasons.
Your computer must have a NVIDIA graphics card before you can use GeForce Experience.
Why GeForce Experience Won’t Open on Your Computer
Here are the reasons why you are having issues with GeForce Experience.
1. Your Computer is Incompatible
GeForce experience is a software with requirements from NVIDIA.
Just like I mentioned earlier, if your computer doesn’t meet this requirement, you won’t be able to open GeForce Experience.
Your computer needs to have an NVIDIA graphics card before the GeForce experience software can work properly.
2. Driver Issues
GeForce Experience is associated with your NVIDIA graphics drivers.
There’s a possibility you will have issues with GeForce Experience if you have issues with your graphics driver.
A driver issue can occur after an update.
A simple way to resolve this is to roll back to the previous driver or reinstall NVIDIA graphics drivers on your computer.
3. GeForce Experience Crashed
GeForce Experience is just like any other software which is bound to crash someday.
GeForce Experience could crash when you are trying to launch a game or when you are trying to launch GeForce Experience itself.
A software that crashed doesn’t mean the particular software wouldn’t work again.
A simple force close with task manager or restarting your computer would do the trick.
How to Fix GeForce Experience That Refuses to Open
Follow these instructions carefully.
Reinstalling GeForce Experience
First thing first, you must uninstall GeForce Experience.
1. Start by searching for control panel in windows search.
2. Click on control panel among the result .
3. Inside control panel, set view by to small icons.
4. Click on program and features.
5. Look for NVIDIA GeForce Experience and select it.
6. Now click on uninstall and proceed with the instructions to completely uninstall the program.
7. After uninstalling, you now have to reinstall GeForce Experience on your computer.
8. Head over to NVIDIA official website to download GeForce Experience.
9. Install GeForce Experience on your computer.
10. Launch GeForce Experience after installation
Restart GeForce Experience Service
1. Press and hold the following command to open run box.
Windows key + Rpress and hold without +
2. Type or copy and paste in this command to open services.
3. Inside services, look for NVIDIA LocalSystem Container and select it. On older windows version, it could be NVIDIA GeForce Experience service.
4. After selecting, click on restart by your left-hand side.
Update Your NVIDIA Graphics Driver
First, let’s identify the NVIDIA graphics driver your computer is using.
1. Start by right clicking on your desktop.
2. Click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
3. Click on system information inside NVIDIA control panel located at the bottom left hand corner.
4. You should see the graphics your computer is using under items.
In my own case, my graphics driver is GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
Keep this info because you will need it when you want to download your driver.
Let’s go ahead to download your graphics driver.
1. Go to NVIDIA official website to download your drivers.
Note – The download file size may be very high.
2. In the manual driver search, fill in your graphics info you checked earlier.
3. After filling all informations correctly, click on start search.
4. The search result will be displayed underneath manual driver search.
5. Click on the earliest result which is usually the first result.
6. A download link with some information will be displayed to you.
7. Click on download now to begin your download.
8. Once your down downloading, go ahead and install it on your computer.
9. Now open GeForce Experience.
1. Open GeForce Experience. Don’t worry if it doesn’t open.
2. Now press and hold the following command to open task manager.
Ctrl + Shift + Escpress and hold without +
3. Look for NVIDIA GeForce Experience and select it. If you can’t find it, keep on scrolling down till you find anything NVIDIA and select.
4. After selecting, click on end task.
5. Now open GeForce Experience.
Sometimes, antivirus recognizes programs as a virus when they really are not.
Depending on what antivirus you are using, to disable it is similar.
1. Simply launch the antivirus program.
2. Head over to settings.
3. Look for where you can disable it and disable it.
For programs like windows defender,
Here’s how to disable it.
1. Search for virus & threat protection in windows search.
2. Click on virus & threat protection among the result.
3. Click on manage settings.
4. Now, turn off real time protection.
5. Launch GeForce Experience.
With the reasons I gave to why GeForce Experience won’t open on your computer, surely you must have understood where your problem could be coming from.
If you followed my instructions correctly, your GeForce Experience should be working fine.
I hope this article was helpful to you.
Did it work for you?
Which method worked?
Are you still having troubles?
Is there anything you want to ask or share with me?
Please use the comment below, I will reply to you as soon as I can.
Hi, I’m Solomon. I love computers & the Internet. Certified Computer Engineer with a bachelor’s in Economics. I am a fan of the Internet and I possess a wide range of digital and ICT skills that I freely share through my blog >>Bestsoltips
Bestsoltips main objective is to share and teach you about computer troubleshooting, tips, and solutions